What is title 24?
It’s The California Energy Commission updates the Building Energy Efficiency Standards.
How does it affect me as a homeowner?
It means that most remodels that required a permit will need to be done according to the new building code a.k.a. title 24
- Energy-efficient double pane windows with argon gas.
- Energy-efficient HVAC system that is SEER 14+ ( Seasonal energy efficiency ratio )
- Energy-efficient cool roof.
- Energy-efficient Landscape ( Turf, gravel, pavers, etc. )
- Energy-efficient exterior paint
All of those products help you to save on utility usages such as electricity, water, and gas.